The Purpose

As I previously said, I used to be a blogger. But somehow I lost my motivation to write so I stopped blogging for quite a while. I tried to encourage myself to blog again, but I failed, failed and failed again.

It took quite a while for me to realize that I had lack of motivation to write was because I didn't have a strong purpose to write a blog. I used to hope somebody read my post -well that was not a bad idea actually. However, the purpose trapped me into a situation where not many people read my blog as I wished. Then the result can be predicted, I became lazy to write because I could not achieve my targets while achieving that target would impact some more effort (it could be something like SEO) and I don't want to spend some effort on doing that.

Recently, I revised my motivation. I'm not focusing the purpose on the readers anymore. Of course any writer will be happy if somebody else read his writing - unless he is writing a diary. However, actually there were so many self benefit as well by having a habit of writing.

The benefits could be:
(1) To improve my ability to express thought, opinion, feeling, idea, etc
(2) To write a beautiful record or history of my life that can be useful when I need to recall my good experience in the future
(3) To give exercise for my brain so it become more healthy
(4) To remind me of my dream, my wish and keep me motivated again
(5) To track what process I have on every journey to achieve the dreams

There could be many more benefits on writing a blog. But I will keep it for 5 only because 5 is a beautiful number.

Then you will probably ask me,"Then what benefit the readers will have by reading my blog?"
Well, I can't promise anything yet.  But the story of my life might be interesting for you if you like someone who will never give up on his dreams.

And sure, I will be interested too to read a story of your life if you have an inspiring one. So don't hesitate to share it with me.


Comments